ABNS provides valuable resources to member organizations and the general public to explain ABNS’ role in the nursing community and help them to promote specialty certification including:
- ABNS Organizational Profile 2016
- ABNS Strategic Plan
- APRN Information
- Certification Bibliography
- Consensus Model for APRN Regulation: Licensure, Accreditation, Certification & Education (2008)
- Defining Features of Quality Certification and Assessment-Based Certificate Programs – A paper published by the Institute for Credentialing Excellence (ICE).
- Fact Sheet
- Nursing License Map
- Position Statements
- Statement on Continuing Competence for Nursing: A Call to Action
- State Boards of Nursing Recognize Certification In Lieu of CE
ABNS thanks member organization, the Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN), for sharing the information from their Advocacy Project where they have advocated on behalf of nursing certification to be recognized by State Boards of Nursing as a proxy for continuing education requirements. The links below will provide more information about this project as well as map showing which states recognize certification programs.
- Student Nurse/LPN/LVN Information